Sundance 2012 - Part 1

Friday, February 3, 2012

Last weekend I was able to do something that I have always wanted to do - attend the Sundance Film Festival. It was a really interesting experience and I had a good time going there and being surrounded by so many other people there that loved filmmaking as much as me, or probably even more so.

My favorite part about the experience was the Q & A with the directors about their films. The first film that I saw was the preimier for the movie Predisposed. I kind of liked it and gave it a 6.8 out of 10, but I'm not here to review the movie. I am here to talk about the Q & A session with the writer and Director of the film.

The question that I asked was how they filmed the argument scenes (which there were a lot of and usually involved three or more people). They explained that although it was scripted out they allowed for the actors to improvise and say their own words based on what concept needed to be said. I think that shows how great the actors are because it is a difficult task to improvise an argument, especially when it involves five people in a car.

Another thing I learned was the process this movie took to become made. Before it was a feature film it was a short film made in 2008. Twelve years before it premiered it became an idea of the writer and director of the film. A long time indeed for a film to be made.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Aaron Allsop © 2012 | Designed by Bubble Shooter, in collaboration with Reseller Hosting , Forum Jual Beli and Business Solutions